Ken Perlman’s Itinerary
- http://canalsideconferencecentre.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/bookings/ Suwannee Banjo Camp… Cerveny Conference Center at Camp Weed, Live Oak, Florida. March 12-15, 2020. http://www.suwanneebanjocamp.com
- Genteng Midwest Banjo Camp… Olivet College, Olivet, Michigan, 2020 Camp Canceled; Next Dates: June 3-6, 2021 http://www.midwestbanjocamp.com
- can you buy Pregabalin over the counter American Banjo Camp… Port Orchard, Washington. 2020 Camp Canceled Next Dates: Sept. 9-12, 2021 http://americanbanjocamp.com
- Hanover, NH Oct. 18-20. Janie’s Jumpstart.. Contact Janie Rothfield for more info: Janerothfield@gmail.com 518-522-7445.
- Wed. Oct. 23. Arrive 6:30 PM for a 7:00 start. House Concert, Crozet VA. Info: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thurs-sun Oct 24-27. Banjo Gathering (talk and concert appearance). Info: https://banjogathering.weebly.com/
- Sunday Oct 27, Norfolk, Virginia. 4PM. Clawhammer Workshop 7PM Concert Info: email@example.com
- Sunday Nov. 3. 2:30 PM (approximately). Canadian American Club Benefit (with Janine Randall).
- Thurs Nov. 14. 6:30 PM Start West Roxbury Library, Centre St. With Terry Kitchen.
Earlier in 2019
- Saturday. Feb. 16. 7:30 PM. Sheraton Hotel, Natick, MA. Joe Val Festival. Ken leads the advanced old-time jam.
- Saturday or Sunday. Feb. 16-17. 7:30 PM. Sheraton Hotel, Natick, MA. Joe Val Festival. Ken is slated to teach a workshop on clawhammer. Time and Topic still TBA.
- Sunday March 10, 2019, 2-4 PM. Banjo Workshop. Bowdoin, Maine. Bowdoin House Concert Series. /. *Note, this workshop was re-scheduled from November.*
- Sunday March 10, 2019. 7-9PM. Bowdoin, Maine, with Janine Randall. Bowdoin House Concert Series. Preceded by jam session (5PM) followed by potluck dinner (bring a dish or a beverage). *Note, this concert was re-scheduled from November.*
- March 21-24, 2019. Suwannee Banjo Camp. Cerveny Conference Center at Camp Weed, Live Oak, Florida.
- Saturday, April 13, 2019. Afternoon Time-slot. NEFFA Festival (New England Folk Festival Association). Mansfield, Mass., Middle and High Schools. Concert accompanied by Janine Randall, piano. Info:
- Sunday, April 14, 2019. Afternoon Time-slot. NEFFA Festival (New England Folk Festival Association). Mansfield, Mass., Middle and High Schools. Workshop in Melodic Clawhammer Banjo. Info: https://www.neffa.org/folk-festival/new-england-folk-festival/
- June 6-9, 2019. Midwest Banjo Camp. Olivet College, Olivet, Michigan;
- Aug. 1-2, 2019. Clifftop, WV. Appalachian String Band Festival. Ken will judge the banjo and Non-Traditional Band contests at the “Clifftop” Festival.
- Sept. 5-8, 2019. American Banjo Camp. Port Orchard, Washington; http://americanbanjocamp.com
- NEW. Sept. 11, 7:00 PM, the Camano Center, Camano Island WA (606 Arrowhead Rd.). Will be joined by guitarist David Cahn. Click for advance tickets. Tickets also available at door.
- Oct. 24-27, at Old Dominion Univ, Norfolk VA. Banjo Gathering. Ken will give a talk on the relationship between melodic clawhammer and minstrel-era “stroke-style” banjo. He will also play in the concert.
- Sat. Feb. 17, 2:00 PM. Banjo Workshop at Joe Val Bluegrass Festival Sheraton Hotel Framingham Mass.
- Sun. Feb 18 10:30 AM. Old-time Music Session (come join in!) at Joe Val Bluegrass Festival Sheraton Hotel Framingham Mass.
- Suwannee Banjo Camp. March 22-5, 2018; Place: Cerveny Conference Center at Camp Weed, Live Oak, Florida. suwanneebanjocamp.com
- Here’s a few concerts to help Ken launch his new CD.
- Midwest Banjo Camp. June 7-10, 2018. Place: Olivet College, Olivet MI. midwestbanjocamp.com
- American Banjo Camp: Sept. 6-9, 2018. Place Pilgrim Furs Conference Center, Port Orchard, WA americanbanjocamp.com
- Thurs-Fri. Nov 1-2. Westford, MA. Workshops and jam leading at Fiddle Hell. Check their website for actual offerings.
- Sunday Nov. 11, 2018 2-4 PM. Bowdoin, Maine. Banjo Workshop. Bowdoin House Concert Series
- Sunday Nov. 11, 2018 7-9PM. Bowdoin, Maine, Concert with Janine Randall. Bowdoin House Concert Series. Preceded by jam session (5PM); followed by potluck dinner (bring a dish or a beverage).
- Saturday Dec. 1, 2018. 2-4 PM. Orleans MA. Banjo Workshop sponsored by Brick Hill Concert Series. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday Dec. 1, 2018. 7:00 PM. Concert with Janine Randall. Brick Hill Concert Series. Orleans MA. Contact: email@example.com
- Thurs. Nov. 2, 6:30-7:30 PM. Jamaica Plain, Mass. Jamaica Plain Library (with Terry Kitchen)
- Fri-Sun. Nov. 3-5, 2017. Fiddle Hell; Westford Regency Inn, Westford, Massachusetts. Ken will offer banjo workshops, a workshop for all instruments on Prince Edward Island tunes and (with Alan Kaufman) lead a jam devoted to tunes collected by the late, great fiddler Alan Jabbour.
- Thurs. Aug 3, 1-2PM. Clifftop, WV. Chestnut Lodge. Masters Showcase. Appalachian String Band Festival (“Clifftop” Festival).
- Thurs.-Sun. Sept. 7-10, 2017. American Banjo Camp. WE’VE RECENTLY MOVED!! We are now located at Pilgrim Firs Conference Center in Port Orchard, Washington. Dates are http://americanbanjocamp.com.
- Wednesday Sept. 13, 7:00 PM. Mt. Vernon, WA. . Celtic Arts Foundation (celticarts.org).
- Sunday Feb 19, 12 Noon. Melodic Clawhammer workshop at Joe Val Festival (Sheraton, Framingham MA; room location will be announced on site)
Kentucky & Tennessee Tour; appearing in duo with Fiddler Bobby Taylor
- Mon-Tues. March 20-21. Barbourville, KY. Union College. Residency including classroom appearances, public lecture, and concert. Details TBA
- Wed.-Thurs March 22-23. Johnson City, TN. East Tennessee State University. Residency including classroom appearances, public lecture, concert, instrumental workshop. Details TBA
- Saturday March 25. Pegram TN. Fiddle ‘n’ Pick Music School. Workshops, concert, sponsoring old-time jam. Details: contact Fiddle and Pick.
- Monday evening March 27. Murfreesboro, TN. Middle Tennessee University. Public concert.
- Thurs.-Sun. April 6-9. Live Oak, FL. Suwannee Banjo Camp
- Thurs-Fri April 20-21. University of Wisconsin, Madison. Residency includes World Records Symposium, workshop, and concert. Details TBA
- Thurs. April 27. 6:30-7:30 PM. Roslindale, MA. Roslindale Library. Also appearing: Terry Kitchen.
- Thurs.-Sun. June 1-4. Olivet College (Olivet MI). Midwest Banjo Camp.
- Fri. Feb. 13, Clawhammer Banjo workshop at Joe Val Bluegrass festival. Description is here: http://www.bbu.org/events/joe-val-festival/master-classes/. To reserve a spot, contact Ken directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thurs.-Sat. Feb. 18-22, Kansas City. Winter Music Camp at Folk Alliance. Info:
- Fri-Sun. March 27-9, 2015. Live Oak Florida. Suwannee Banjo Camp. http://www.suwanneebanjocamp.com. (Note: our Extra Day program takes place on the Evening of March 26 and the morning of the 27th).
- Midwest Banjo Camp. Olivet College,Olivet, Michigan, June 5-7, 2015 http://www.midwestbanjocamp.com . (Note: our Pre-Camp program takes place on the Evening of June 4 and the morning of the 5th).
- American Banjo Camp. CHECK OUT OUR NEW LOOK WEBSITE!! Fort Flagler State Park, Nordland, Washington, Sept. 11-13, 2015 http://www.americanbanjocamp.com . (Note: our Extra Day program takes place on the Evening of Sept. 10 and the morning of the 11th).
- Sun, Feb 16, 3:00 PM. New York City. Ken performs Concerto for Banjo & Orchestra by Harold Schiffman. With the North/South Consonance ensemble, conductor: Max Lifschitz. Christ & St. Stephen’s Church (120 West 69th Street, between Broadway & Columbus), Info: www.northsouthmusic.org/calendar.asp
- Thurs-Sun. Feb. 20-23: Kansas City, MO. Ken teaches banjo at Folk Alliance Winter Music Camp. Info: www.folkalliance.org/conference/
- Sunday Feb 23. St. Louis, MO. 7:30 PM. House Concert. Info: Geoff Seitz (phone: 314-353-1312) or Dave Landreth (phone: 31.4-570-7418). With fiddler Alan Jabbour.
- Monday Feb 24. St. Louis, MO. With fiddler Alan Jabbour. Sperreng Middle School. 12111 Tesson Ferry Rd., Room 162 3:15-3:45 Pm (performance); 4PM-5:30 Banjo Workshop (fiddle workshop , too, with Alan). Info: Michelle Howard,email@example.com; phone: 314 729-2400, ext. 1401.
- Wed. Feb 25. Chattanooga, TN. Workshops sponsored by Chattanooga Folk School. Contact: Christie Burns, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wed Feb 26. Chattanooga, TN. Concert and old-time Music session at Enzo’s Market. Contact: Christie Burns email@example.com. With fiddler Alan Jabbour
- Thurs. Feb. 27: Birmingham, AL 7:30 PM. House concert at the home of Eve and Gordon Graham. With fiddler Alan Jabbour. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fri. Feb. 28: Tallahassee FL. 7:30 pm. Contradance sponsored by Tallahassee Friends of Old Time Dance. American Legion Hall, 229 Lake Elliott Dr., Tallahassee. With fiddler Alan Jabbour. Info: www.tallydancer.com/
- Sat. March 1. Tallahassee FL. 7:00 p.m. concert, Unitarian Universalist Church, 2810 North Meridian Rd. With fiddler Alan Jabbour. Contact: Howard Pardue, 850-386-1494 Info: email@example.com.
- Sun. March 2. Charleston SC. Concert at Gage Hall, Unitarian Church (4 Archdale St.). Time TBA: With fiddler Alan Jabbour. Info: Rick Hamrick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday. March 3. Charleston SC (Sullivan Island area). 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Info: Rick Hamrick, email@example.com. Also on the menu: fiddle workshops withAlan Jabbour.
- Thurs-Sunday March 6-9. Breaking Up Winter. Cedars of Lebanon State Park. Info:www.nashvilleoldtime.org/BUW/
- High Springs Florida, Note New Dates!: April 11-13, 2014: Suwannee Banjo Camp
- Olivet, Michigan, June 6-8, 2014: Midwest Banjo Camp]
- July 13-20, 2014. Fairbanks Alaska Summer Arts Festival. Fairbanks, Alaska. Info: http://www.fsaf.org/
- August 3-8 2014. Elkins, WV. Augusta Folk Heritage Old-time Week. Info: https://augustaheritagecenter.org/augusta-schedule/old-time/
- Sept. 5-7, 2014. American Banjo Camp. Fort Flagler State Park, Nordland, Washington. Info: http://americanbanjocamp.com. [spacer height=”10px”](Note: our Extra Day program takes place on the Evening of Sept. 4 and the morning of the 5th).
Fall Gigs 2013; Winter Gigs 2014
- Fri Sept 20. Brookline MA. House Concert (with Jim Prendergast). Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat Oct 19. Sudbury MA. House Concert (with Alan Jabbour) Contact:www.mooremusicconcerts.org
- Sun. Oct 20. 7:30PM Montague MA, with Alan Jabbour (location TBA). Info: contact David Kaynor, email@example.com
- Feb.19-22: Kansas City, MO. Ken will teach banjo at inaugural Folk Alliance Music Instructional Camp; (adjunct to the Folk Alliance Conference
- c. Feb 23- Mar 10, 2014: Tour of midwest and South with Fiddler Alan Jabbour. Details to be announced.
Spring & Summer Gigs 2013
- Sat April 27 4:30-6:30 PM. Berlin Mass.: First Parish Church (Woodward Ave Off Rte 62). Workshop/demonstration/concert on clawhammer banjo, sponsored by Mockingbird Music. Info.www.mockingbirdmusic.com, or call 978.838.2344
- Sat May 11. Orleans, MA. Brick Hill House Concerts (with Janine Randall). Info:www.facebook.com/brickhillhouseconcerts
- June 7-9, 2013. Midwest Banjo Camp. Olivet College,Olivet, Michigan. www.midwestbanjocamp.com .
- June 23-9, 2013. Northeast Heritage Music Camp, Common Ground Center, Starksboro, VT.www.northeastheritagemusiccamp.com
- Aug 4-11. Swannanoa Gathering Fiddle, Banjo & Mandolin Week. Warren Wilson College, Swannanoa, NC.
- Sept 6-8. American Banjo Camp. www.americanbanjocamp.com
- Fri Sept 20 Brookline Mass, House Concert. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 4-22. Tour of Ireland
More details TBA. For additional information on any Ireland concert or workshop, contact Pat Kelleher: 0866062504 or email@example.com.
- Saturday April 6, 8:30pm: St. Marys Theatre, Rossmore, Clonakilty Ireland (opening act: Gordon & Rosie and John Nyhan). Info: John Nyhan: 087 7921771 www.stmarysrossmore.com
- Sunday April 7, 8:30 PM Brooklane Hotel, Kenmare, Ireland. Upstairs workshops at 6.30 p.m. (opening act: Pat & Ricky Kelleher). Info: Pat Kelleher: 086 6062504, www.brooklanehotel.com
- Mon. Apr. 8 – Kilworth, Co. Cork, Ireland. Village Arts Centre (double bill with Michael J Miles).Info: John Nyhan: 0877921771, or www.villageartscentre.com/
- Tuesday, April 9, the Mills Sixmilebridge, Co Clare, Ireland (double bill with Michael J Miles). Info: John Nyhan: 087 7921771; www.facebook.com/millbar.sixmilebridge
- Friday April 12 Anglers Rest (Upstairs), Carrigrohane near Cork City, Ireland. Banjo workshop at 6.30 PM; concert at 8:30PM (opening act: Pat & Ricky Kelleher). Info: Pat Kelleher: 086 6062504,www.facebook.com/AnglersRestCork?fref=ts
- Saturday April 13 Muintir Na Tire Hall, Buttevant, Ireland. workshops and concert with opening acts.Info: John Nyhan: 087 7921771. www.buttevant.ie
- Mon. Apr. 15, – Ballymore Eustace, Co. Kildare Ireland. Ballymore Acoustic Gigs, Mick Murphy’s ‘Stage Inn’ Info: Roy Thompson: 086 327 0780, or www.facebook.com/BallymoreAcousticGigs?fref=ts
- Thursday April 18. Cork School of Music Lunchtime Concert/Workshop 1:00-3:00 p.m. Contact: Lorna Lane: 087 2443099. www.cit.ie/aboutcit/facultiesandcolleges/citcorkschoolofmusic
- Sat. Apr 20. Waltons, Dublin Workshops 1.30-3:00 p.m. and 3.30-5 p.m. Contact. John Mardirosian: 087 9667183.
- Sun. Apr. 21. Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland. Matt Molloys, Bridge Street. Info: Uri Kohen: 087 7570958, orwww.mattmolloy.com/pub_events.html
Fall 2012; Winter 2013
- Sat Nov 17. Deerfield NH: The Coffeehouse (with Jim Prendergast). Deerfield Town Hall. Info: Leslie 603 463-9804 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fri, Jan 18-19. Montpelier, Vermont. Summit School Winter Folk Festival. Concert appearance (with Jim Prendergast) has been re-scheduled to Friday Eve, Jan. 18. Location is Bethany Church (115 Main Street, Montpelier, VT). Please contact for information: Mary L. Collins, Executive Director @ 802-917-1186 (or via cell) 802-371-8125. email@example.com Or www.summit-school.org
- Sat Jan 19. Montpelier, Vermont. Banjo Workshop has been re-scheduled for Sat. 10AM-12noon. Under Auspices of Summit School Winter Folk Festival. Location is Bethany Church (115 Main Street, Montpelier, VT), but please contact for information: Mary L. Collins, Executive Director @ 802-917-1186 (or via cell) firstname.lastname@example.org Or www.summit-school.org
Southeast Tour (Feb 21-March 4, 2013) with Fiddler Alan Jabbour
- Tues Feb 19, 7:30 PM. Owings Mills, MD. Tagart Memorial Chapel, McDonogh School Campus, 8600 Mcdonogh Road.
- Wed Feb 20. Easton MD. The Stoltz Listening Room at the Avalon Theater, 40 E. Dover St. Infowww.avalontheatre.com/
- Thurs Feb 21. Dumfries VA, 7:00 PM. Four Seasons at Historic Virginia, 16400 Four Seasons Drive> Info: 703-878-2061, or email@example.com
- Fri. Feb 22, 8PM: Newark, Delaware. Brandywine Friends of Old Time Music. Unitarian Fellowship Hall, 420 Willa Road, Newark, Delaware. Contact: Todd Denton: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat. Feb 23. 8PM Glen Allen, VA (Near Richmond). Shady Gove Coffee House. Unitarian-Universalist Community Church, 11105 Cauthorne Rd. (aka Shady Grove Road). Info: Scott Hammer:email@example.com, or go to www.shadygrovecoffeehouse.com
- Sun. Feb. 24. Norfolk, VA 11AM-2PM. Banjo Workshop. Colonial Place Music Studio. Info: Amy Ferebee,firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-434-5385
- Sun. Feb. 24. Norfolk, VA 3PM-5PM. Concert. Colonial Place Music Studio. Info: Amy Ferebee,email@example.com or 757-434-5385 (should the afternoon show fill up a second show may be scheduled from 7PM – 9PM). (Ken is performing with Fiddler Alan Jabbour)
- Mon. Feb 25 7:30 PM Greensboro, NC. University of North Carolina, Greensboro. Public Concert at Organ Hall, School of Music. Info:firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Wed. Feb. 27, 7PM Swannanoa, NC (near Asheville). The Sage Cafe at Warren Wilson College (Coffee House Concert Series). Warren Wilson Rd. Contact: Phil Jamison, email@example.com. Click here forcampus map.
- Thurs Feb 28, Oak Ridge NC 7:30 PM. House Concert. Info or Reservations: Carol Thompson —firstname.lastname@example.org or 336 272 3245. You must email or call to reserve a seat; when you register you will receive an email with directions.
- Fri Mar 1. Charleston, West Virginia (probably 7:30pm). House Concert: 1568 Quarrier Street. Info:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304 553 4572
- Sat Mar 2. Louisville. KY Exact time TBA (7:30 or 8:00pm?). Free Admission! University of Louisville. Bird Recital Hall, School of Music. Information email@example.com
- Sun Mar 3, 3PM. Bowling Green, KY. Cabin Concert Series. Western Kentucky University, Details TBA.
- Monday Mar 4. Bowling Green, KY. Residency at Western Kentucky University, Details TBA.
March 2013 – Florida
- Florida, March 15-17. Suwannee Banjo Camp. O’Leno State Park, High Springs, Florida, March 15-17.www.suwanneebanjocamp.com.
Spring 2012: April Tour: Missouri & Arkansas (with fiddler Alan Jabbour)
- April 13-14 (Friday-Saturday) – Boonville, MO. (With fiddler Alan Jabbour). Featured artists at Big Muddy Folk Festival. Contact: Dave Para, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://bigmuddy.org/.
- April 15 (Sunday) – Maplewood, MO (St. Louis). 7:30 p.m. concert (With fiddler Alan Jabbour), The Focal Point, 2720 Sutton Blvd., Maplewood, MO. Contact: Judy Stein, 314-781-4200, http://www.thefocalpoint.org.
- Monday-Tuesday, April 16-17 – Columbia, MO. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) classroom lectures and concerts (Mon. and Tues. morning) and lunchtime brown-bag lecture-concert (Tues. noon-1:00 p.m.), University of Missouri, Columbia. Contact: Prof. Berkley Hudson, Dept. of Journalism, U. of Missouri, (573) 882-4201, email@example.com.
- Thursday, April 19 – Jonesboro, AR. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) 4:15 p.m. lecture-concert, “Fiddle and Banjo Tunes in Traditional Culture: From Old-Time Roots to Modern Branches,” at Delta Symposium, Mockingbird Room, Reng Student Center, Arkansas State University. Contact: Prof. Greg Hansen, Arkansas State University, 870/972-3043, firstname.lastname@example.org,http://altweb.astate.edu/blues.
- Friday, April 20 – Fayetteville, AR. 8:00 p.m. house concert (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) at the home of Mike Shirkey, 229 N. Block St. Contact: Mike Shirkey, email@example.com, 479-521-1812, www.goodfolk.org.
- April 21 (Saturday) – Kansas City, MO. (With fiddler Alan Jabbour) evening concert, Rime Buddhist Center, 700 West Pennway St. Contact: Doug Goodhart, Missouri Valley Folklife Society, 913-385-3668, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rime Buddhist Center, 816-471-7073.
Spring 2012: Conference in Atlanta (with fiddler Alan Jabbour)
- Friday-Sun April 27-9. Conference at Emory University (Cannon Chapel). Subject: the relationship between Celtic music & Southern music. Info: James Flannery or Lora McDonald, (404-727-6180), email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2012: May Tour: California & Nevada (with fiddler Alan Jabbour)
- Friday, May 11 – Sebastopol, CA. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) 8:00 p.m. house concert at the home of Jon Berger and Kalia Kliban. For reservations and directions contact: Jon Berger, email@example.com.
- Saturday, May 12 – Sebastopol, CA. banjo workshop by Ken Perlman (and fiddle workshop by Alan Jabbour) at the home of Jon Berger and Kalia Kliban. For reservations and directions contact: Jon Berger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, May 12 – San Rafael, CA. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) 8:00 -11:00 p.m. contra dance at Marin Masonic Hall, 1010 Lootens Place, between 4th and 5th Streets, sponsored by the North Bay Country Dance Society. Contact: Susan Amato, email@example.com, www.nbcds.org.
- Sunday, May 13 – Mountain View, CA. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) 7:00 p.m. house concert at the home of Daniel Steinberg. Reservations required. For information/reservations, contact (email *preferred*) Concerts@InstantHarmony.com or (650) 947-9669.
- May 15 (Tuesday) – Elko, NV. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) Morning fiddle workshop and banjo workshop, evening concert, Western Folklife Center, 501 Railroad St. #306. Contact: Tamara Kubacki, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, May 16 – Sparks, NV. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) 4:00 p.m. fiddle workshop and banjo workshop, 7:30 p.m. concert at Sparks Heritage Museum. 814 Victorian Ave. Contact: Anthea Humphreys, 775-355-1144, www. SparksMuseum.org.
- Thursday, May 17 – Santa Barbara, CA. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) evening concert at Multi-Cultural Center, University of California-Santa Barbara. Contact: Prof. Tim Cooley, Music Dept., email@example.com.
- Friday, May 18 – Santa Barbara, CA. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) 10:00 a.m. presentation for world music class, UC-Santa Barbara. 2:00 p.m. musically illustrated public lecture on folk music.
- Saturday May 19 – Encino, CA. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) Afternoon fiddle workshop and banjo workshop, evening concert, California Traditional Music Society, 16953 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA 91316. Contact: Lisa Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 818-817-7756, www.ctmsfolkmusic.org.
- Sunday May 20 – Agoura Hills, CA. 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. 52nd Annual Topanga Banjo-Fiddle Contest & Folk Festival (with fiddler Alan Jabbour), Paramount Ranch (National Park Service), 2903 Cornell Road. Contact: 818-382-4819, http://www.topangabanjofiddle.org.
June thru Sept. 2012:
- Midwest Banjo Camp. Olivet College,Olivet, Michigan, June 8-10, 2012 www.midwestbanjocamp.com. (Note: our Pre-Camp program takes place on the Evening of June 7 and the morning of the 8th).
- Fri. June 15, Derry NH: Greater Derry Arts Council (Adams Memorial Opera House). With guitarist Jim Prendergast
- Aug 5-11, Swannanoa Gathering Fiddle & Banjo Week. Warren Wilson College, Asheville NC
- Fri-Sun Sept. 7-9, Port Hadlock, Washington, American Banjo Camp. (Note: our Extra Dayprogram takes place on the Evening of Sept 6 and the morning of the 7th)
- Sat. afternoon Jan 7 (with Jim Prendergast). Cambridge MA. Boston Celtic Music Festival. Parlor Stage: 12:45-1:30pm.
- Fri-Sun. Jan 27-9. Several Workshops plus a House Concert in Montpelier VT, including special workshops for teens and kids. For Info, go to the Woodbury Strings Website. See below for individual events.
- Fri afternoon Jan. 27, 4:00-5:30pm. Montpelier VT. Advanced Clawhammer Workshop. Info: Woodbury Strings Website
- Sat. morning Jan 28, 10am-12:30pm Intermediate clawhammer banjo workshop. Montpelier VT. Info:Woodbury Strings Website
- Sat. afternoon Jan. 28, 2-4pm: “Prince Edward Island Tunes for All Instruments.” Montpelier VT. Location is at the Summit Schools. Info: Woodbury Strings Website -Sat eve Jan 28, 7:30pm: House Concert at Susan’s Attic (home of Susan Reid. Montpelier VT). Info: Info:Woodbury Strings Websiteor email@example.com
- Sunday daytime Jan. 29. Montpelier VT. Clawhammer banjo Workshops for kids (collaborating with Sarah Hotchkiss) at three different levels. Info: Woodbury Strings Website
- Sunday Jan. 29 4:30-6pm. Montpelier VT. Beginner clawhammer banjo Workshop for adults (collaborating with Sarah Hotchkiss). Info: Woodbury Strings Website
- Wed Feb 1, 1:00pm. Berklee School of Music. Workshop/Demonstration. Lee & Alma Burke Recital Hall: 1140 Boylston St. Boston.
- Fri Feb. 10 (with Jim Prendergast) Brooklyn NY. The Good Coffee House, in the Ethical Culture Center, 53 Prospect Park West in Park Slope.
- Suwannee Banjo Camp. O’Leno State Park, High Springs, Florida, March 16-18, 2012. Info:www.suwanneebanjocamp.com (Note: our Extra Day program takes place on the Evening of March 15 and the morning of the 16th).
- Mon-Thurs. Aug 1-4. Goderich Ontario. Celtic College music camp. Info: http://www.celticfestival.ca/
- Fri-Sun. Aug 5-7 (with fiddler Alan Jabbour). Goderich, Ontario. Celtic Roots Festival.
- Sat. Aug. 20. Portsmouth NH (with guitarist Jim Prendergast). Strawberry Banke Museum. Civil War Encampment Program.
- Sun. Sept 4. Randolph VT (with guitarist Jim Prendergast). New World Festival
- Thurs-Sun, Sept 9-10. Port Hadlock, WA. American Banjo Camp
- Wed Sept 14. Victoria BC, House Concert. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fri. Sept 16. Portland OR, House Concert. Info: email@example.com, 503-252-0603.
- Sat. Sept. 17. 1:30-4PM. Banjo Workshop. Bend OR, House Concert. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat. Sept. 17 (evening). Bend OR, House Concert. Info: email@example.com
Oct. 2011: UK Tour
- -Fri Sept 30 – Dunton Bassett Folk Club, Broughton Astley, Leicestershire. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sun Oct. 2 – (11am-1pm; 2pm-4pm) Faversham, Kent. Banjo Workshops. Andy Banjo Company. Info:email@example.com
- Wed. Oct. 5 – Rainham, Kent Roots Folk Club (Oast House, Granary Close). Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thurs. Oct 6. Old Kings Head, Days La. Belper, Derbyshire. Info: email@example.com
- Fri Oct 7. Stafford. Concert: Pie & Ale House, Crabbery St. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat. Oct. 8. Hanbury, Burton on Trent. The Cock Inn. Info: email@example.com
- Sun. Oct. 9. Rugeley. 10:30 AM. Rugeley Self-Storage. Banjo Workshops. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tues Oct. 11, Wakefield. The Hop (19 Bank St.). Info: email@example.com
- Fri Oct. 14. Crown Inn. Biggar, Scotland. Concert. Info: http://www.scottishbluegrass.com/goldrush.htm
- Sat. Oct. 15 (daytime). Banjo Workshops. The Crown Inn. Biggar, Scotland. http://www.scottishbluegrass.com/goldrush.htm
- Sat. Oct 15 (evening) Peebles, Scotland (with fiddler Iain Fraser). Eastgate Arts Center.
- Sun. Oct. 16. Walthamstowe, London. Walthamstowe Folk Club. Ye Old Rose & Crown Theatre Pub. Info: http://www.walthamstowfolk.co.uk
Nov. 2011 (Southeast Tour with Fiddler Alan Jabbour)
- Fri. November 4 — Cornelius, NC. 6:30 potluck and 8:00 p.m. house concert at the home of Mark Clemens and Elizabeth Miescher Clemens. Contact: Elizabeth Miescher Clemens, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sat. daytime November 5 — Cornelius, NC. 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. workshops (concurrent fiddle workshop and banjo workshop) at the home of Mark Clemens and Elizabeth Miescher Clemens. Contact: Elizabeth Miescher Clemens, email@example.com.
- November 5 (Saturday) — Raleigh, NC. 8:00 p.m. house concert at the home of Ann and Wade Smith. For reservations and directions, contact: Michael Southern, 919-832-7789, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 6 (Sunday) — Raleigh, NC. 1:00-3:30 p.m. workshops (concurrent fiddle workshop and banjo workshop) at 417 S. Dawson Street (architectural offices). Contact: Michael Southern, 919-832-7789, email@example.com.
- Mon. November 7 — Savannah, GA. 7:30 p.m. house concert at the home of Joe Nelson, 15 East Welwood Drive. Contact: Joe Nelson, 912-927-1376, JoeNelsonSav@aol.com
- Tues. November 8 — Tampa, FL. 8:00 p.m. house concert in the home of Gloria Holloway. For reservations and directions, contact: Gloria Holloway, 813-837-6572, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gloriasmusic.blogspot.com.
- Wed. Nov 9. Boca Raton FL. House concert in the home of Sheree Pollock, 7235 Promenade Dr. #602. Information: Heidi Estrin, 305 791 0692 (calls only, no texting please), or email@example.com.
- Thurs November 10 — North Miami, FL. 8:00 p.m. concert and jam, Luna Star Cafe, 775 NE 125th St. Contact: Luna Star Cafe, 305·799·7123, or Matthew Sabatella, Ballad of America, 305-753-1850, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fri. November 11 — Gainesville, FL. Note new Location and Contact Evening house concert at Paul & Annie’s 1804 SW 35 Place. Contact: Annie, 352-377-2637 (H), email@example.com.
- Sat. afternoon, November 12 — Dowling Park, FL. 2:00 p.m. concert at the Christian Village Auditorium. Contact: Dick Grillo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sat. evening, November 12 — Tallahassee, FL. 7:00 p.m. concert, Unitarian Universalist Church, 2810 North Meridian Rd. Contact: Howard Pardue, 850-386-1494, email@example.com.
- Sunday afternoon, November 13 — Tallahassee, FL. 1:30-3:30 p.m. workshops (concurrent fiddle workshop and banjo workshop), Unitarian Universalist Church, 2810 North Meridian Rd. Contact: Howard Pardue, 850-386-1494, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday evening, Nov 13. Tallahassee FL. 7pm. Contradance sponsored by Tallahassee Friends of Old Time Dance. American Legion Hall, 229 Lake Ella Dr., Tallahassee. Contact: www.tallydancer.com .
- Mon. November 14 — Winter Haven, FL. 7:30 p.m.house concert, Lakeside Music Room, 604 30th St., N.W. For reservations and directions, contact: Sally Anderson, (863) 293-1510, email@example.com
- Tues. Nov 15. Athens, Georgia. Terrapin Tuesday Series at The Melting Point, 295 E. Dougherty St. Start time: 7 p.m. Opening act: Art Rosenbaum. www.MeltingPointAthens.com or by phone at (706) 254.6909,
- Thurs. evening, Nov. 17. Johnson City TN. The Down Home. W. Main St. Contact: Ed Snodderly, firstname.lastname@example.org, 423-929-9822, Info: www.downhome.com.
- Fri. afternoon, Nov 18. Appearance and workshops at Johnson City, TN. East Tennessee State University. Contact: Roy Andrade, email@example.com.
- Sat. evening Nov 19. Bryson City, NC. Swain County Center for the Arts, Swain County High School, 1415 Fontana Rd. 7:00 PM. Concert preceding regional art exhibit opening. Contact: Jenny Johnson, 828-488-7843, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sun. afternoon Nov 20. Durham, NC. Banjo Workshop at High Strung Music: 4:00-6:00 p.m. (Fiddle workshop with Alan Jabbour: 1:30-3:30 p.m.) 1116 Broad St. Contact: Amy Campbell, 919-286-3801, email@example.com. Info: www.highstrungdurham.
- Sun. eve. Nov 20 Chapel Hill NC. Home of Jim Stiebel. Info: 919-304-4146 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mon Eve. November 21. Norfolk, VA. 7:30 p.m. house concert at the home of Amy Ferebee. Contact: Amy Ferebee, 757-434-5385, email@example.com.
- Sunday, Jan. 30, Burlington, Massachusetts. BANJO WORKSHOPS. Basic: 11am-1pm; Int.-Adv.: 2-4pm. Real School of Music, 56 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, MA 01803. Info:the Real School of Music Website
- Sunday, Jan. 30, Burlington, Massachusetts, 7:00 PM. Concert (with guitarist Jim Prendergast). Real School of Music, 56 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, MA 01803. Info:the Real School of Music Website
- Saturday, Feb. 12; Rollinsford NH (near Dover), 7:30 PM. Elysium Arts Folk Club. Concert (with guitarist Jim Prendergast). Info: Elysium Arts Folk Club Website
- Thursday, February 24; Sykesville, MD. House concert at the home of Judy Bush, 2801 Tally Ho Court (for Google searches, it’s listed as 5861 Oakland Rd.). Info: 443 920-3266, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, February 25, Upper Marlboro, MD. 8:00 p.m. house concert with fiddler Alan Jabbour, at the home of Andy and Sondra Wallace, 603 Largo Road. Contact: Andy Wallace, 301-324-7311, email@example.com.
- Saturday, February 26 — Washington, VA. 8:00 p.m. concert with fiddler Alan Jabbour at The Theatre, 291 Gay St. Contact: Wendy Weinberg, 540-547-3993, TheatreVa@aol.com.
- Friday, March 11; Montpelier VT, 7:30 PM. The Attic Concert (with guitarist Jim Prendergast). Info:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, March 12; Montpelier VT, BANJO WORKSHOP. The Attic. Also that day: guitar workhops with Jim Prendergast). Times TBA. Info: email@example.com
- Fri-Sun. March 18-20 Suwannee Banjo Camp. O’Leno State Park, High Springs, Florida (New Extra Day: Thurs.-Fri. March 17-18). Info: (www.suwanneebanjocamp.com)
- Thurs. April 7, Burlington Mass. (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) The Real School of Music, 56 Middlesex Turnpike (near Jct. of I-95). Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat. April 15, Mansfield MA. NEFFA Festival. Banjo Workshop in the afternoon, concert (with guitarist Jim Prendergast) in the evening. Info: www.neffa.org
- Wed. April 20, 7:30 PM. Banjo Workshop (topic: Clawhammer Back-up). The Real School of Music, 56 Middlesex Turnpike (near Jct. of I-95). Info: email@example.com
- Sat April 23, 12 noon. Maplewood, MO (St. Louis area). Banjo Workshop. The Folk School of St. Louis, 3155 Sutton Blvd., Suite 101 Maplewood, MO Info: www.folk-school.com
- Wed. May 18. Banjo Workshop (topic: Playing Up the Neck in Clawhammer). The Real School of Music, 56 Middlesex Turnpike (near Jct. of I-95). Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olivet, Michigan, June 3-5, 2011: Midwest Banjo Camp
- Johnson, Vermont, June 12-18, 2011: Northeast Heritage Music Camp
- Friday February 19, 8PM, Upper Marlboro, MD. House Concert at home of Andy and Sondra Wallace. Contact: Andy Wallace, 301-324 7311, email@example.com. (with Alan Jabbour, fiddle and Jim Watson, guitar, mandolin, and vocal)
- Saturday February 20, 8PM. Washington, VA.The Theatre, 291 Gay St. Contact: Wendy Weinberg, (540) 547-3993, TheatreVa@aol.com. (with Alan Jabbour, fiddle and Jim Watson, guitar, mandolin, and vocal)
- Monday Feb. 22, 7PM. House Concert, Ellsworth ME. Feb 23 430 Bayside St. Info: Steve Peer 207-667-4298, firstname.lastname@example.org, or http://www.myspace.com/430bayside. (with Alan Jabbour, fiddle)
- Tues. Feb 23, So. Carthage, ME. The Skye Theatre, 2 Highland Drive. Contact Phill: 207-491-0273 (Cell) 207-562-4445 (office), email@example.com, http://www.necelticarts.com. $10.00 ticket Reservations 207-562-4445. (with Alan Jabbour, fiddle)
- Wed. Feb 24. 7PM. New Bedford MA. House concert at the home of Jack Radcliffe, 573 Rockdale Ave. Info: 508-292-5632. Also: pot luck dinner at 6PM. (with Alan Jabbour, fiddle)
- Thursday February 25 — Amherst, MA. 8:00 p.m. concert (with Ken Perlman, banjo), Music Recital Hall, Music/Dance Building, Hampshire College. Contact: Becky Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org. (with Alan Jabbour, fiddle)
- Friday, Feb. 26 8PM. Bethany Church, Montpelier, Vermont. 115 Main St. Info: Susan Reid (229-1403) or Sarah Hotchkiss (223-8945). (with Alan Jabbour, fiddle)
- Saturday, Feb. 27 8PM Del Rossi’s Trattoria(Rt. 137N) Dublin, New Hampshire. Del Rossi’s , PO Box 337, Dublin NH 03444; Reservations,603-563-7195 (with Alan Jabbour, fiddle)
- Fri-Sun. March 5-7. Breaking Up Winter. Cedars of Lebanon State Park, Lebanon, Tenn. (As guest of the event, Ken will teach a clawhammer workshop on Saturday morning March 6).
- Wed. March 10. Bloomington IN. Contra-dance at the Harmony School, 2nd. St. The band consists of Ken on banjo accompanied by Eric Schedler on piano. The Banjo rules!!
- Fri-Sun. March 19-21 Suwannee Banjo Camp. O’Leno State Park, High Springs, Florida, 2010 (http:\www.suwanneebanjocamp.com)
Oct 21 – Nov 7, 2010: Upper South & Midwest Tour (w/ fiddler Alan Jabbour)
- Thursday, Oct. 21 – Atlanta, GA. 8:00 p.m. show, Red Light Café, 553 Amsterdam Ave. Northeast. Contact: James McKinney, email@example.com.
- Friday, Oct. 22 – Chattanooga, TN. 8:00 p.m. concert, Barking Legs Theater, 1307 Dodds Avenue. Contact: Bryan Hamilton, Hamilton Fiddles, HamiltonFiddles@aol.com; ?hristie Burns, The Folk School of Chattanooga,firstname.lastname@example.org; Matt Evans, Matthew-Evans@utc.edu.
- Saturday Oct. 23 (morning-afternoon), Chattanooga, TN. Fiddle and banjo workshops, Chattanooga Folk School. Time and location TBA. Contact: Matt Evans (Matthew-Evans@utc.edu)
- Saturday, Oct. 23 – Huntsville, AL. 7:00 p.m. concert, Flying Monkey Arts, 2211 Seminole Drive Southwest. Contact: Jim Holland, email@example.com.
- Sunday, Oct. 24 – Evansville, IN. 5:00 p.m. house concert. Contact: Tim Piazza, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, Oct. 25 – Louisville, KY. 7:00 p.m. concert, Bird Hall, School of Music, University of Louisville. Contact: Jack Ashworth, email@example.com.
- Tuesday, Oct. 26 – Goodlettsville, TN. 7:30 p.m. concert, Historic Mansker’s Station, 705 Caldwell Dr. Contact: Laura Blankenship, 615-859-3678 www.manskersstation.org, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, Oct. 27 – Lexington, KY. Noon-1:00 p.m. concert, Niles Center for American Music Gallery, Lucille Little Fine Arts Library, University of Kentucky. Contact: Prof. Ron Pen, 859-257-8183 email@example.com.
- Thursday, Oct. 28 – Ann Arbor, MI. 7:30 p.m. concert, Grotto Club, 2070 W. Stadium Boulevard. Contact: Bob Blackburn, 734-913-8599. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, Oct. 29 – Kalamazoo, MI. 6:00 p.m. potluck, 7:30 p.m. house concert. Contact: Marilyn Branch, 269-343-5280.
- Saturday, Oct. 30 – Harbor Springs, MI. 7:30pm. House concert at the home of Maureen and Dale Scott, 3550 Five Mile Creek Rd. Contact: Maureen Scott, email@example.com, 231-357-7339, orwww.peacemealstringband.com.
- Oct. 31 – Lansing, MI. 8:00 p.m. house concert at the home of Laura Stein. Contact: Laura Stein,firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, Nov. 2 – Champaign, IL. 7:00 p.m. concert, Techline, 24 East Green Street, Suite 8. Contact: Christine Breen, email@example.com.
- Wednesday, Nov. 3 – Noblesville, IN. 7:00-10:00 p.m. concert, Noble Coffee & Tea Company, 933 Logan Street. Contact: Jason Hathaway, firstname.lastname@example.org or Geoff Davis, email@example.com.
- Thursday, Nov. 4 – Milwaukee, WI. 8:00 p.m. show, Linneman’s, 1001 East Locust. Contact: Colin O’Brien,firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, Nov. 5 – Dodgeville, WI. 7:30 p.m. concert, Folklore Village, 3210 County BB. Contact: Doug Miller,email@example.com.
- Saturday, Nov. 6 – River Hills, WI. 7:30 p.m. concert, Good Hope Island, 1405 W. Good Hope Road. Contact: Peter Thornquist, 414-745-3843 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, Nov. 7 – Bloomington, IN. 7:30pm. Concert at Rachael’s Cafe, 300 E. 3rd St. Info: http://rachaelscafe.com, or contact John: email@example.com.
Special Appearance in Hawaii
- Fri. Jan. 3. House Concert in Honolulu area. Home of Jackie Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org. 808 735 8012
Mid-Atlantic Tour Jan. 2009 (with Fiddler Alan Jabbour).
- Friday, Jan. 16, Charlottesville, VA. Contra Dance. 7:30 p.m. Municipal Arts Center, 5th Street. Contact: Paul Rosen, http://www.paulrosen.net, http://www.contracorners.com/Schedule_Cville.aspx.
- Sat. Jan. 17 Washington, Virginia The Theatre. 291 Gay Street. Contact: Wendy Weinberg, (540) 675-1253, TheatreVa@aol.com, www.theatre-washington-va.com.
- Sunday, January 18, Norfolk, VA. 2:00-4:00 p.m. banjo workshop, Park Place Baptist Church, 430 W. 31st Street at Colonial Ave. Contact: Amy Ferebee, 757-456-1446, email@example.com.
- Sunday, January 18, Norfolk, VA. 7:30 p.m. concert, Park Place Baptist Church, 430 W. 31st Street at Colonial Ave. Contact: Amy Ferebee, 757-456-1446, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mon-Tues, Jan. 19-20. Greensboro, NC. Music classes, workshops, and programs, School of Music, University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Contact: Professor Revell Carr, School of Music, 336-334-5030, JRCARR2@uncg.edu.
- Thurs., Jan 22, Oakton, VA (Washington DC area). House concert, 10411 Hunter Ridge Drive, Oakton, VA 22124. Contact: Howard Jones, 703-938-0490, email@example.com.
- Fri Jan. 23. Newark, Delaware. Brandywine Friends of Folk Music.
- Sat. Jan 24. Glen Allen, VA (Richmond area). 8:00 p.m. concert at Shady Grove Coffeehouse, Unitarian Universalist Community Church, 11105 Cauthorne Road. Contact: Scott Hammer, 804-323-4288, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sun Jan 25. Dumfries, VA. 3:00-4:30 p.m. concert, Four Seasons at Historic Virginia Community Association, 16400 Four Seasons Drive. Contact: Nicole Hinkle, 703-878-2061, email@example.com. [NOTE: not open to the public.]
- Sun. Jan 25. Washington DC Dance Glen Echo Park sponsored by Folklore Society of Greater Washington.
- High Springs Florida, March 20-2, 2009: Suwannee Banjo Camp
April 2009, New England Tour with Fiddler Alan Jabbour
- Wed. April 1, Chestnut Hill, Mass., Concert at Boston College: the CONNOLLY HOUSE 300 Hammond St. Info Contact: 617- 552 -3938, http://www.bc.edu/gaelicroots. Note: Free Admission, Open to the Public.
- Thurs evening April 2; Montague, MA. Concert at the Grange Hall, 34 Main Street, Montague. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org. Probably an 8PM start.
- Fri. April 3, 7:30 PM Burlington VT, UVM Old Time Music Festival. Billings North Lounge, University of Vermont.Info: Mark Sustic: email@example.com
- Sat. April 4, 9:30-1130 AM. banjo workshop: Billings North Lounge, Un iversity of Vermont. Info: Mark Sustic: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sat. April 4. Saxtons River, VT 8:00 p.m. concert, Main Street Arts. Info: Main Street Arts, email@example.com, 802-869-2960 or Jill Newton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sun. April 5, 12:00 – 3:00 PM. Banjo Workshop. Main Street Arts. Info: Main Street Arts, or email@example.com, 802-869-2960; contact: Jill Newton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sun April 5, 7:30 PM. House Concert, Concord NH area. Time TBA. Contact: email@example.com
Victoria, BC (late April, 2009)
- Victoria, BC. Banjo Workshop, on Sat. afternoon, April 25. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria, BC. Concert on Sat. evening April 25. For info: email@example.com
- Olivet, Michigan, June 5-7, 2009: Midwest Banjo Camp
- Johnson, Vermont, June 14-20, 2009:Northeast Heritage Music Camp,
- JUly 25- 31. Puget Sound Guitar Workshop. Bremerton, Washington.
- Aug. 14-15, Montreal, QC, Canada. Festival La Grande Rencontre (tent.) with Alan Jabbours.
- Port Hadlock, Washington, Sept. 11-13, 2009: American Banjo Camp
North Carolina Tour, Oct. 2009
- October 3 (Saturday) – Asheville, NC. (Private event) Evening musical program with fiddler Alan Jabbour at annual meeting of the National Association of Music Executives in State Universities, Grove Park Inn.
- October 4 (Sunday afternoon) – Black Mountain, NC. 2:00 p.m. concert at The White Horse with fiddler Alan Jabbour. Black Mountain, 105C Montreat Road. Contact: 828-669-0816, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 4 (Sunday evening) – Tryon, NC. 7:00 p.m. house concert (with fiddler Alan Jabbour) at the home of Bibi and Ron Freer. Contact: Claude Graves, (828) 894-8091, email: email@example.com
- October 5 (Monday) – Mebane, NC. 7:30 p.m. house concert (with fiddler Alan Jabbour). Contact: Stephen Siebel, 919-304-4146, email: StephenS@restorationwoodworks.com.
- October 6 (Tuesday) – Greensboro, NC. (Private event) Teaching session with oldtime ensemble class, School of Music, University of North Carolina-Greensboro.
- November 7 (Saturday afternoon). Banjo workshops at Fiddle n Pick, Pegram Tennessee. For info,http://fiddleandpick.ning.com/events?page=2
- November 7 (Saturday evening). Concert at Fiddle n Pick, Pegram Tennessee. For info,http://fiddleandpick.ning.com/events?page=2
- November 28 (Saturday) – Jaffrey, NH. 1:00-4:00 p.m. banjo workshop (separate fiddle workshop by Alan Jabbour). Contact: Rich Hamilton, 603-547-7435, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 28 (Saturday) — Jaffrey, NH. 7:30 p.m. concert by Alan Jabbour and Ken Perlman on fiddle and banjo, Silver Ranch Hall, 183 Turnpike Road. Contact: Rich Hamilton, 603-547-7435, email@example.com.
- Nov. 29 (Sunday evening) with fiddler Alan Jabbour 7:30 pm, Woods Hole Folk Music Society. Woods Hole, Mass. Info: www.arts-cape.com/whfolkmusic.